Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happiness is... Coconut Ice Cream

Coconut Ice Cream

Coconut Ice Cream has ALWAYS been my favorite flavor. It's impossible to find in stores and I can rarely find it the ice cream shops in Las Vegas. When we visit Hawaii, eating Coconut Ice Cream is always near the top of my list (eating guavas is first). So, when I bought my new Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, I was ECSTATIC to find a recipe for Coconut Ice Cream!! I know it's winter, but I don't care. I'd eat this everyday if I didn't gain weight from it :)

Coconut Ice Cream

2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk (I use 2%)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1/4 cup shredded coconut

Place cream, milk, sugar and extract in a medium mixing bowl and combine until well blended. Pour into freezer bowl, turn the machine on and let mix for about 20 minutes. Add coconut and let mix for about 5 more minutes. If there's any left, store in an airtight container in your freezer.

Source: Cuisinart

No comments: