Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have seen this particular recipe on 3 different blogs in the past 2 weeks, so I thought I'd better try it! It did not disappoint. Hannah said "These are SO delicious!!!", which made me feel pretty good!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
found here, here, and here 

2 cups plus 2 TBSP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks (12 TBSP) butter, melted & cooled until warm
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg plus 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Combine the dry ingredients. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and the egg. Mix well. Add the vanilla. Incorporate the flour mixture. Add the Chocolate chips. Put big scoops onto a cookie sheet. Space a couple inches apart. Bake for 10-14 minutes (in my oven, I baked them 14 minutes). Don't overbake! They will appear underdone, but they aren't. They are working their magic to become chewy. Cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.

No comments: